Career Summary creator
Social Worker
Introduction
If you're interested in becoming a social worker, everything you need to know is in this article! You'll find information like what a social worker do, where they work, what kind of additional training they do and when they retire! Hope you enjoy!
What is it like to be a?
Being a social worker is caring for other people's well-being and being open-minded. It's also being committed to make the world better by solving and finding solution in challenging situation.
What do social workers do?
Social workers conducts interviews to identify individuals need and personal/environmental resources. They also utilize various methods, approaches, and techniques to intervene effectively with people. They monitor progress and provides encouragement. They advocate for individuals rights and collective rights, facilitate access to social services, and collaborate with other professionals. They may also supervise volunteers.
What do social workers do on a typical day?
They do one-on-one meetings, facilitate groups workshops, drafts case notes and occasionally intervenes in crises situations.
Where do social workers work?
Social Workers can work at Hospital, Rehabilition center, community resources, youth center, detention centers and schools. The main difference is the wages and social benefits.
How can I become a?
You can do a diploma of college studies in social work technology or get a bachelor's degree.
How much money do social workers make?
The salary is between $25/hour to $47,98/hour in Estrie.
What kinds of additional training do social workers need?
When you become a social worker, you become a member of l'Ordre des travailleurs sociaux, des thérapeutes congugaux et familiaux du Québec and have no choice but to chose to continue formation. Example: you could have a formation about drugs, adhd, mental health, suicide.
What are the dangers of being a?
There's often violence, and it's hard on mental health.
What are the chances that social workers will be replaced by robots soon?
A recent study shows that social workers are not in danger of being replaced by AI or robots.
What age do social workers retire at?
They retire at 65. Giving compassion, empathy and empowered people is the best gift in this life with everything going on in the world.
Conclusion
In conclusion, I was always drawn to help others, especially since 2021. I've been through a lot, I survived domestic violence, homeliness, addiction and in my recovery I had to use a lot of resources, and I want to give back. I found my spark again! I am where I am because of social workers ! Forever grateful.
More by this author
Introduction link: https://socialworktechniquewithmarika.blogspot.com/2026/02/me-hi-there-my-is-marika-and-i-am.html
Glossary link: https://socialworktechniquewithmarika.blogspot.com/2026/02/my-social-work-glossary.html
Screencast link: https://socialworktechniquewithmarika.blogspot.com/2026/03/screencast.html
Sources and RADARS ratings
Source: https://cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2025/08/CdeS_travail_social_388-A1__sept2025_web.pdf
Rationale: to inform or educate
Source: https://www.quebec.ca/emploi/informer-metier-profession/explorer-metiers-professions/42201.036-techniciens-techniciennes-en-travail-social#description
Authority: government
Source: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/wages-occupation/23025/QC
Authority: government
Comments
Post a Comment